Cannot copy text from termbase fields?
Təhdid postu: Rytis
Rytis
Rytis
Litva
May 29

Hi everyone. Is it just me or it is not possible to copy text from Trados termbase fields when editing it inside Trados? I find it annoying when, for example, I add several possible translations for a term to a termbase that have the same source but then I have to type the source for each of them instead of copying the text from the first Source field. Or maybe the source is a URL – I can paste if fine, but it's not possible to then copy it, making it useless in the future.

I'm us
... See more
Hi everyone. Is it just me or it is not possible to copy text from Trados termbase fields when editing it inside Trados? I find it annoying when, for example, I add several possible translations for a term to a termbase that have the same source but then I have to type the source for each of them instead of copying the text from the first Source field. Or maybe the source is a URL – I can paste if fine, but it's not possible to then copy it, making it useless in the future.

I'm using Trados Studio Professional 2024 SR1 - 18.1.3.6657.

[Edited at 2026-05-29 11:10 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot copy text from termbase fields?







CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »