This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
Graciela Guzman Argentina Local time: 01:49 English to Spanish + ...
Feb 26, 2005
Hello eveybody,
I recently bought a new computer and its operating system is Windows XP - SP2. Office is XP - SP3. The antivirus is Norton 2004 and it also has the Microsoft AntiSpyWare and the Firewall 2004.
I use Outlook Express 6.0 for my emails and this combination is driving me mad. I cannot send attachments nor can I receive them, which is a real problem since I receive and send the files this way.
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the ... See more
Hello eveybody,
I recently bought a new computer and its operating system is Windows XP - SP2. Office is XP - SP3. The antivirus is Norton 2004 and it also has the Microsoft AntiSpyWare and the Firewall 2004.
I use Outlook Express 6.0 for my emails and this combination is driving me mad. I cannot send attachments nor can I receive them, which is a real problem since I receive and send the files this way.
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Graciela Carlyle United Kingdom Local time: 05:49 English to Spanish + ...
it's fine
Feb 26, 2005
Graciela Guzman wrote:
I had a look at the Help section and I deactivated the protection for the email. Now I can send attachments and receive them.
Could anybody please tell me if this is correct or if there is another way to solve my problem? I'm afraid of having made a mistake.
Any help you could give will be really appreciated.
[Edited at 2005-02-26 18:28]
Hola Gra,
I think what you've done is fine and enough.
In OE Options, Security tab, make sure the box for "no permitir que se abran o guarden archivos adjuntos..." (I've got an English version) is UNticked.
Chaucito!
Graciela.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Graciela Guzman Argentina Local time: 01:49 English to Spanish + ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!
Feb 26, 2005
¡Muchas gracias, tocaya!
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.