Getting my identity verified - how to arrange the meeting with a person authorized?
Thread poster: Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:17
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 19, 2005

Hello!
I would like to identify myself by meeting someone. For this I went to the list of people allowed to do so.
Now, my question: How do I know where do each of them lives to find a proper place to meet? (As I am definetely not abble to fly to Asia to meet someone!) ;o)) How do I contact the chosen person?
I thank you very much in advance for your answer!
Many greetings
Helena1962

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-19 14:56]

Angela Arnone
Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hello Helena Oct 19, 2005

It is not vital to your presence on the site to be "identified".
Usually this happens through pow-wows or meetings, or through members whom you know personally and who also have verified ID.
Look out for a pow-wow in your area, or come to the Krakow Meeting in November and meet us all!!
Regards
Angela

Helena1962 wrote:

Hello!
I would like to identify myself by meeting someone. For this I went to the list of people allowed to do so.
Now, my question: How do I know where do each of them lives to find a proper place to meet? (As I am definetely not abble to fly to Asia to meet someone!) ;o)) How do I contact the chosen person?
Many greetings
Helena1962

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you very much, Angela! Oct 19, 2005

Hi Angela!
Thank you very much, Angela, for your explanation!
However I think I won't be able top go to Krakow in November...
Many greetings
Helena1962

Angela Arnone wrote:

It is not vital to your presence on the site to be "identified".
Usually this happens through pow-wows or meetings, or through members whom you know personally and who also have verified ID.
Look out for a pow-wow in your area, or come to the Krakow Meeting in November and meet us all!!
Regards
Angela

Helena1962 wrote:

Hello!
Many greetings
Helena1962

AWa (X)
AWa (X)
English to German
+ ...
Powwows in Germany Oct 20, 2005

[quote]Helena1962 wrote:

Hi Angela!
Thank you very much, Angela, for your explanation!
However I think I won't be able top go to Krakow in November...
Many greetings
Helena1962
[unquote]

Hi Helena,
there are powwows in Germany, for example in Düsseldorf (at the end of this months), and, if I remember correctly, in Emden and Berlin. Just look under "Community/Powwows" and Germany. I'm sure you'll find one at a location you can get to without too much trouble. Besides getting your identity verified it's also very reassuring to meet people who understand a translator's problems without extensive explanations.

Good luck
Astrid

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
The Powwows Oct 20, 2005

Hi Astrid!
Thank you very much for your answer!
I will try to go to some Powwows, but on the next months, I won't probably be abble to visit one.
Further I rather would like to learn nore about this site and the jobs offered, as I don't know this site well, by now.
Once again thank you very much and many greetings from Nuremberg!
Helena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting my identity verified - how to arrange the meeting with a person authorized?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »