Poll: What’s your strategy for re-engaging old clients? Təhdid postu: ProZ.com Staff
|
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What’s your strategy for re-engaging old clients?".
View the poll results »
| | | |
No strategy at all! I have been translating for over 40 years, so it’s to be expected that some of my old clients have left me along the way: one or two shut down, others have filed for bankruptcy, some have rejected my rate increase, most if not all ended politely our working relationship, one has ghosted me quite suddenly. Of course, I’ve also gained new customers. When I moved from Brussels to Lisbon in 2015, the only thing I did was letting everyone – both new and old clients – know ... See more No strategy at all! I have been translating for over 40 years, so it’s to be expected that some of my old clients have left me along the way: one or two shut down, others have filed for bankruptcy, some have rejected my rate increase, most if not all ended politely our working relationship, one has ghosted me quite suddenly. Of course, I’ve also gained new customers. When I moved from Brussels to Lisbon in 2015, the only thing I did was letting everyone – both new and old clients – know my new contact details. Some thanked me and said they hadn’t had any work for a Portuguese translator for some time, whilst others continued to work with me. That’s life! ▲ Collapse | | | | Luca Adie Almaniya Local time: 13:08 German to English + ... | Not worth the bother | Aug 24 |
I admit that I have, in desperate times, contacted old clients. Nothing came of it - they will have their own reasons for ending the relationship. I imagine they've found someone cheaper. | | | | Peter Motte Belçika Local time: 13:08 Member (2009) Dutch to Flemish + ... | Usually I e-mail them | Aug 24 |
I had enough work for some years not to bother contacting clients. I only started doing that recently. It's sometimes a voyage to nostalgia if you see the people you've worked with who disappeared. Really disappeared: e-mail addresses don't work anymore.
Sometimes it does give a new job, but not often. So I don't know whether e-mailing them is really a good idea. If I get reactions, they're at least not hostile. | | |
|
|
|
Thayenga Almaniya Local time: 13:08 Member (2009) English to German + ...
I used to send season greeting to my clients, to all of them, not only to those who didn't send me work for a while. Nowadays, I am happy - and busy enough - with the clients I presently have. These days I am treating them like old friends, with respect but without any desire to turn back to the allegedly good old days. | | | | To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator: You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » Poll: What’s your strategy for re-engaging old clients? | CafeTran Espresso | You've never met a CAT tool this clever!
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free
Buy now! » |
| | Protemos translation business management system | Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info » |
|
| | | | X Sign in to your ProZ.com account... | | | | | |