Increase comment font size in Studio 2019?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 22, 2022

Is there any way to increase the comment font size in Studio 2019? If not as a GUI option, then maybe in some text/XML config file?

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:40
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Not possible Jan 26, 2022

As far as I am aware, the best you can do is copy the text from the comment to notepad. If you are doing this a lot you could write a simple autohotkey script to do this with one keystroke.
Or change your screen magnification while working with comments.

[Edited at 2022-01-26 20:54 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:40
English to Russian
Win+Plus / Win+Minus Jan 26, 2022

to zoom in / zoom out

Elena Feriani

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody Jan 29, 2022

Thank you James and Stepan. Unfortunately, neither of the workarounds really does what I need. Looks like I'll have to keep commenting in the segment text.

This is one of the things that Studio developers should have improved long ago. I updated to Studio 2019 but it's unlikely that I'll buy a future version of Studio. (This problem is not, of course, the sole reason.)

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:40
English to Russian
The idea was not widely supported Jan 30, 2022

This idea was published on SDL Ideation site over 4 years ago but only few people voted for it. Probably this is why they don't have it in their development pipeline (unfortunately). But as far as I know, other tools like memoQ or Memsource don't have this adjustment either.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Increase comment font size in Studio 2019?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »