Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24] >
Illegal use of data from ProZ.com profile
Автор темы: RoxanaTrad (X)
MariusV
MariusV  Identity Verified
Литва
Local time: 08:42
английский => литовский
+ ...
reporting the abuse to domain registrar Aug 11, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:

I have tried every possible solution to get my data removed. Nothing works.

I wrote to OSR last week demanding they immediately remove the data. I took care in mentioning that I have archived data from their site to prove that they have stolen my identity, and that I was just waiting to click on Send to forward the data to authorities. I have so far received no reply and "my" account is still there.

Has anybody succeeded in removing their data by asking them to do so by e-mail? If yes, please let me know how you did it, how long it took to get the data removed, what OSR told you, etc. I want my data removed, and it seems the powers that be are unwilling to help and/or inefficient.

Thanks!

Dear Viktoria,

I also "found" my "profile" on that website and wrote them demanding to remove my info. However, my two emails went into the water. I think that we have one more option remaining - on the basis of WHOIS information of this website/domain, we can write an email to the domain registrar (the registrar seems to be located in the UK where laws are really strict, I think, for the cases we have). Proz could also walk an extra mile - one thing is "an individual case/complaint", much more "weight" would be if Proz contacts the registrar too. Let's cooperate for the interest of self-protection.

WHOIS info:

Domain Name: OUTSOURCINGROOM.COM
Registrar: KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH
Whois Server: whois.rrpproxy.net
Referral URL: http://www.key-systems.net
Name Server: NS2.UKRDNS.BIZ
Name Server: NS3.UKRDNS.BIZ
Updated Date: 16-jul-2009
Creation Date: 05-feb-2009
Expiration Date: 05-feb-2010

tech-contact: P-DJC460
tech-organization: MT Management Group Limited
tech-fname: Host
tech-lname: Master
tech-street: 122 - 126 Tooley Street
tech-city: London
tech-zip: SE1 2TU
tech-country: GB
tech-phone: +44.2032390693
tech-fax: +44.2031633992
tech-email: [email protected]

billing-contact: P-DJC460
billing-organization: MT Management Group Limited
billing-fname: Host
billing-lname: Master
billing-street: 122 - 126 Tooley Street
billing-city: London
billing-zip: SE1 2TU
billing-country: GB
billing-phone: +44.2032390693
billing-fax: +44.2031633992
billing-email: [email protected]

[Edited at 2009-08-11 21:50 GMT]

RoxanaTrad (X)
RoxanaTrad (X)
Румыния
Local time: 08:42
английский => румынский
+ ...
Автор темы
To Katalin...THANK YOU:)! Aug 11, 2009

Thank you Katalin.
I finally managed to delete my "profile" on OSR following your instructions. I 've tried to, several times actually, within the past few weeks but something always went wrong. However, I've been reading recently how others managed to do it while following your advice and it encouraged me to try again. Well, it worked.
Thank you!

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Испания
Local time: 07:42
испанский => английский
+ ...
Viktoria... Aug 12, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:

I have tried every possible solution to get my data removed. Nothing works.

I wrote to OSR last week demanding they immediately remove the data. I took care in mentioning that I have archived data from their site to prove that they have stolen my identity, and that I was just waiting to click on Send to forward the data to authorities. I have so far received no reply and "my" account is still there.

Has anybody succeeded in removing their data by asking them to do so by e-mail? If yes, please let me know how you did it, how long it took to get the data removed, what OSR told you, etc. I want my data removed, and it seems the powers that be are unwilling to help and/or inefficient.

Thanks!

I contacted them shortly after this thread was started, which was when I discovered they had my information posted. I used the "contact us" link on their site, told them I had not created the profile and the information was posted without my knowledge or authorization, and asked them to remove it immediately. It took them a few days, maybe as long as a week, but they did remove it. They did not contact me or respond in any other way to my request, just removed the information.

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Германия
Член ProZ.com c 2003
голландский => немецкий
Immediately removed my profile Aug 12, 2009

Cindy Chadd wrote:
I used the "contact us" link on their site, told them I had not created the profile and the information was posted without my knowledge or authorization, and asked them to remove it immediately. (..). They did not contact me or respond in any other way to my request, just removed the information.
The same procedure here, but they removed my profile the next day.

Try it again via "Contact us", Viktoria. Good luck!

Carolina A P
Carolina A P
Local time: 02:42
английский => испанский
+ ...
Regarding THAT account that was created without our permission Aug 12, 2009

Katalin: Thanks a lot for your help!

What I was able to do when I could log in is to delete or deactivate the account. In that way, I was successfully removed from that website.

Hopefully, this will help you all.

It worked for me.

Thanks!

Carol

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:12
английский => тамильский
+ ...
Памяти
Is Proz serious about changing the password? Aug 13, 2009

As a result of this thread proz contacted me to strengthen the password, which was just of 7 characters. Mine was termed as a weak password. So I opted for an alphanumeric one containing 11 characters, which proz characterized as being strong. I was assured that my new password has taken effect.

But the other day I was in another city where I went to a cybercafe for email checking. I tried to log in to my proz account using my new password and I was shocked to find that it was not e
... See more
As a result of this thread proz contacted me to strengthen the password, which was just of 7 characters. Mine was termed as a weak password. So I opted for an alphanumeric one containing 11 characters, which proz characterized as being strong. I was assured that my new password has taken effect.

But the other day I was in another city where I went to a cybercafe for email checking. I tried to log in to my proz account using my new password and I was shocked to find that it was not effective. I tried the good old 7-character password and I was logged in immediately.

On returning home I logged out from proz and then again logged in with the old password only.

What is happening here?

Regards,
N. Raghavan
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Аргентина
Член ProZ.com c 2008
английский => испанский
+ ...
Could you please submit a support request to report this? Aug 13, 2009

Hello Narasimhan,

Please note that new passwords require confirmation before becoming effective. If you confirmed your new password (via the email that was sent to you when you selected it), could you please submit a support request on this, so that staff can better help you with the issue?

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:12
английский => тамильский
+ ...
Памяти
I changed the password and was informed to the efect that it has been updated Aug 14, 2009

I received in this connection no email to my knowledge.

Regards,
N. Raghavan

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

Hello Narasimhan,

Please note that new passwords require confirmation before becoming effective. If you confirmed your new password (via the email that was sent to you when you selected it), could you please submit a support request on this, so that staff can better help you with the issue?

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 01:42
английский => французский
+ ...
Domain registrar and e-mail cease and desist Aug 14, 2009

Thanks for the information, Marius. I wrote to the registrar the day you posted, but I have no news so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have sent a more than convincing e-mail to OSR more than a week ago--my data is still displayed on their website. I guess I'll have to write them an even more convincing e-mail...

I'll keep you all posted. However, please also keep me posted on your experience. I guess we will all have to network to get rid of this nuisance.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Уругвай
английский => испанский
+ ...
Profile no longer exists Aug 14, 2009

I found out about the stolen profiles issue and about this thread through Henry`s email notification.

I searched OSR and found my name and profile on it. I used the forgot PW feature just to check if they would email me to my real email address, which they did. I did not reply nor changed PW.

I used the Contac us link instead. I sent them an email saying that I had run into my profile in that site and that it was new to me and I had no idea at all, could they explain ho
... See more
I found out about the stolen profiles issue and about this thread through Henry`s email notification.

I searched OSR and found my name and profile on it. I used the forgot PW feature just to check if they would email me to my real email address, which they did. I did not reply nor changed PW.

I used the Contac us link instead. I sent them an email saying that I had run into my profile in that site and that it was new to me and I had no idea at all, could they explain how it got there, please?

I never received any reply at all from them, but my profile dissapeared after a couple of days. It`s not there any more.

Just to let you know.

Walter
Collapse

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
Франция
Член ProZ.com c 2004
Successfully deleted Aug 16, 2009

I also found out about this problem thanks to Henry's email, and successfully removed the information by following the steps outlined by Katalin - so thanks for that. And thank you, Henry, for sending a general email, otherwise I would never have found out about the problem - I would love to spend more time following the forums, but there don't appear to be enough hours in the day!

I hope things sort themselves out for you Viktoria.

K

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Член ProZ.com c 2003
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Profile removed (automatically?) Aug 16, 2009

I didn't do anything about my profile on that site, ie. I didn't request it to be removed etc.

But it has apparently been removed nevertheless, at least it doesn't show up in the Google search with by Proz user name or any other search. Maybe somebody else who did not request removal of their profile could verify?

Interestingly enough, due to that fake profile on that site, I found out that my German last name (Behl) is apparently quite common in India... Maybe more co
... See more
I didn't do anything about my profile on that site, ie. I didn't request it to be removed etc.

But it has apparently been removed nevertheless, at least it doesn't show up in the Google search with by Proz user name or any other search. Maybe somebody else who did not request removal of their profile could verify?

Interestingly enough, due to that fake profile on that site, I found out that my German last name (Behl) is apparently quite common in India... Maybe more common there than in Germany!
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Канада
+ ...
Thanks, Katherine! Aug 17, 2009

Katherine Mérignac wrote:

I hope things sort themselves out for you Viktoria.

Thank you for the encouragement. It seems I do need it--"my" account is still there.

I don't understand how is it possible that identity theft is such a hot topic, that there are serious laws and regulations in place all over the world to fight this, that there are myriad law enforcement organizations whose job it is to protect people from such abuse, yet nothing can be done and nobody is willing to lift a finger to help. I have contacted the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Interpol, the domain registrar, etc. I have naturally also contacted the site in question.

Nothing.

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 06:42
шведский => английский
+ ...
Success at last Aug 17, 2009

I sent another threatening message using their online contact function last night, and at last my details appear to have been removed (after a month of trying).

The whole issue could have been resolved more easily if proz had been able to supply me with the email address I used to open my account in 2003 (and haven't used, or had access to, since June or July 2005). But it appears orc recently had access to more info about me than proz state that they currently do (unless they harv
... See more
I sent another threatening message using their online contact function last night, and at last my details appear to have been removed (after a month of trying).

The whole issue could have been resolved more easily if proz had been able to supply me with the email address I used to open my account in 2003 (and haven't used, or had access to, since June or July 2005). But it appears orc recently had access to more info about me than proz state that they currently do (unless they harvested my account some years ago).

All's well that ends well, but it still leaves a question. Where did orc get the info from? Either they harvested my account in the summer of 2005 or proz holds data in their databases of which they're not aware.
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Канада
+ ...
At long last! Aug 31, 2009

I have just checked the site in question, and "my" account is gone now. I wonder: if I was eventually able to get my data removed, how come ProZ couldn't? I mean, it really was only a matter of e-mailing them...

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Illegal use of data from ProZ.com profile

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »