Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Powwow: Antwerp - Belgium

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Antwerp - Belgium".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
Local time: 03:50
holandês para francês
Brussel same date? interest? Nov 11, 2004

After a few mails with Els Hoefman, I propose all interested people to create a new powwow on the Dec 11 at 9PM at 'Le Fin de Siècle'
Kartuizerstraat-Rue des Chartreux 9 - 1000 Brussel

Comments on web are:
This bar-restaurant has become a favourite with trendy twenty- to thirtysomethings who come here for the laid-back atmosphere and hearty, good-value food. Deliberately distressed, the long old room has no pretensions, though the terracotta walls are hung with a chang
... See more
After a few mails with Els Hoefman, I propose all interested people to create a new powwow on the Dec 11 at 9PM at 'Le Fin de Siècle'
Kartuizerstraat-Rue des Chartreux 9 - 1000 Brussel

Comments on web are:
This bar-restaurant has become a favourite with trendy twenty- to thirtysomethings who come here for the laid-back atmosphere and hearty, good-value food. Deliberately distressed, the long old room has no pretensions, though the terracotta walls are hung with a changing display of for-sale art. There is a lethal ironwork spiral staircase leading to the loos. This is one of the few central places where you can guarantee good food after midnight; pastas and salads sit alongside traditional Belgian, and the portions are huge. It gets packed, but you can usually find a space. The owner and staff are as friendly as anything, despite being run off their feet.

From my experience of this restaurant: there is no coca there, no mistercash, and they have no closing day.

Prices: min 9 max 12 euros by meal (more details coming soon)

Outside: Beurschouwburg, all Saint-Gery talking bars

Important: no need to tranfer money, every body will pay his own bill cash

I hope you will be interested.

Best regards,

Aurore Füssen
Collapse

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Holanda
holandês para inglês
+ ...
not sure about time or place Nov 12, 2004

For most of the people coming from Holland, Brussels is another 1/2 hour to an hour and 21:00 means that much later home that those folks get.......just a thought.

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
holandês para francês
choose from 6PM to 1AM Nov 12, 2004

Thanks for your comment Allison, and I invite everybody to choose a preferable hour from 6PM

Moose Media
Moose Media
Bélgica
francês para holandês
+ ...
Fin de Siècle Nov 19, 2004

I think the Fin de Siècle in Brussels is a wonderful idea, but be careful because the place is always packed, sometimes people are even waiting in line outside. So I would propose to go early or to reserve (a) table(s).
They do not only have no coca-cola, they have nothing at all from the coca-cola company (fanta, sprite, etc) Personally I don't care, but some people may

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
holandês para francês
Fin de Siècle Nov 20, 2004

Thank you Sandra for your reaction

qua queue: if we arrive before 9PM with reservation there will be no problem

qua soda: they have schweppes, orangina, spuitwater with siroop... normal water... and good wines & beers and I suggest to go else where after the supper to drink a cola

qua meal: I put them tomorrow on powwow

Alexander Schleber (X)
Alexander Schleber (X)  Identity Verified
Bélgica
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Sorry Nov 22, 2004

I won't be able to make it too Brussels. Have fun.

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
holandês para francês
Sorry Nov 22, 2004

Thank you for your reaction Alexander

Leticia de Agustín Fernández (X)
Leticia de Agustín Fernández (X)
Espanha
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Brussels or Antwerp Nov 27, 2004

As Ben Hickman asks, is there enough people interested in Brussels? Maybe it is easier to meet in Antwerp...

Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Suécia
holandês para inglês
Brussels or Antwerp Nov 27, 2004

I am willing to drive to either Brussels or Antwerp, but as Leticia suggested, I would also prefer Antwerp.

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
holandês para francês
Powwow in Antwerp Nov 27, 2004

Then propose some resto, some menu, something ... I will come to Antwerp

WebTC
WebTC  Identity Verified
inglês para francês
+ ...
Brussels or Antwerp ? Nov 27, 2004

I would effectively agree on Brussels (living round there), but Antwerp is also nice. If some people wants to come with me by car, there remains two places avaialble eventually.
Thanks a lot.

Ben Hickman
Suécia
holandês para inglês
Restaurants in Antwerp? Nov 27, 2004

If anyone familiar with Antwerp can make some restaurant suggestions (name + tel.no.), I would be glad to call each restaurant and gather the info. Once we have made a decision, I can make the reservation for the group. P.S. Didn't Stefan suggest a place "way back" in the beginning?

Aurore Fussen
Aurore Fussen
holandês para francês
Antwerp Nov 28, 2004

see sept 26 the resident was suggested in Antwerp, but I visited their site, and the openingshours are till from 6pm 10pm
and the place way back was at Stefan's home I guess see also sept 26
nb: I also geut 3 free places in my care from Brussels

Hilde Ekama-Van Bogaert
Hilde Ekama-Van Bogaert  Identity Verified
Bélgica
inglês para holandês
+ ...
Antwerp Nov 28, 2004

I will come to Antwerp,but not to Brussels.
Check out www.bows.be
I've been there and the food is nice. It is located next to the Bouwcentrum, enough parking space and close to the freeway.

Ben Hickman
Suécia
holandês para inglês
Bow's in Antwerp! Nov 30, 2004

Thanks, Hilde, for the suggestion! I called Bow’s in Antwerp this evening and made a tentative reservation for a group of 8-12 on Saturday, 11 December with drinks starting at 7 PM and dinner at 8 PM. We must confirm the reservation by Friday, 3 December. If the group is 10 or more, we must make a pre-selection for the menu as explained on the restaurant’s website (www.bows.be). If anyone who's interested doesn't ... See more
Thanks, Hilde, for the suggestion! I called Bow’s in Antwerp this evening and made a tentative reservation for a group of 8-12 on Saturday, 11 December with drinks starting at 7 PM and dinner at 8 PM. We must confirm the reservation by Friday, 3 December. If the group is 10 or more, we must make a pre-selection for the menu as explained on the restaurant’s website (www.bows.be). If anyone who's interested doesn't read Dutch, let me know and I'll translate the menu card. It appears that Stefan is still the official organiser, but since he’s not able to continue in that role I suggest you send me an e-mail ([email protected]) if you're planning to attend. If the group is large enough that we have to pre-select our menu, I will send each person a copy of the menu directly via e-mail from which each person can do so. I will update the group via the Powwow thread. I'm really looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible!Collapse

Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) deste fórum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Antwerp - Belgium

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »