จำนวนหน้าตามหัวข้อ:   < [1 2]
Poll: In your opinion, what is the most time-consuming, non-translation tasks?
เธรดต่อผู้เขียนข้อความ: ProZ.com Staff
Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
เนเธอร์แลนด์
Local time: 02:37
สมาชิก (2016)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาดัช
+ ...
Prevaricating Jul 2, 2021

Ice Scream wrote:

Prevaricating when faced with the occasional job I can’t easily get out of and really, really don’t want to do.

Great to know this term now in English! In Dutch, we call this woggen. Wog is an abbreviation of werkontwijkend gedrag = work-evasive behaviour; but I already figured that translating it to 'webbing' wouldn't do the trick )

OK, enough prevaricating; back to my last translation assignment before the weekend

Christopher Schröder

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
เยอรมนี
สมาชิก (2007)
ภาษาดัช เป็น ภาษาเยอรมัน
+ ...
Graag gedaan! Jul 2, 2021

Edith van der Have wrote:

Matthias Brombach wrote:
... you should save a copy of the existing one on your HD in a minor resolution (and size) and try to upload again? That would my idea before waiting ages for a response from staff. Hope that will help!

Yes, that's it! Thanks so much for your kind help! I'll close my support request. You could apply for a job at ProZ in the meantime

I'm afraid they may have other plans, as I may have other plans in the near future too.

Barbara Cochran, MFA
Barbara Cochran, MFA  Identity Verified
สหรัฐอเมริกา
Local time: 20:37
ภาษาสเปน เป็น ภาษาอังกฤษ
+ ...
Going Back And Forth With Emails... Jul 2, 2021

...when it is a matter of a prospective, rather than a current client. In the former case, it's certainly annoying if after several exchanges the prospective client or myself decides that it's not a go.

Josephine Cassar

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
เยอรมนี
สมาชิก (2016)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาเยอรมัน
other Jul 2, 2021

sleep

Aline Brito
Aline Brito  Identity Verified
บราซิล
Local time: 21:37
สมาชิก (2020)
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาโปรตุเกส
+ ...
Finance tasks Jul 6, 2021

Not only is it time-consuming, I also find it extremely boring. Thank God I have my husband and an accounting company helping me.

Josephine Cassar

krishna sankar
krishna sankar
ฟิลิปปินส์
I personally Jul 6, 2021

I personally think that one of the most time-consuming non-translation tasks is looking for the files where they are located. It also takes time is the gdocs is acting up. You won't have any other choice but to experience delays in your work.

AnnaSCHTR
AnnaSCHTR  Identity Verified
สหรัฐอเมริกา
Local time: 19:37
ภาษาอังกฤษ เป็น ภาษาเชค
+ ...
Explanations Jul 6, 2021

Trying to explain some particularly challenging aspects of Czech grammar to English-only speakers. And trying to come up with a polite, tactful and gentle way to indicate to a client that their original translator and/or reviewer does not know the grammar, does not understand English and has an attention span of a mayfly.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
สมาชิก (2006)
ภาษาสเปน เป็น ภาษาดัช
+ ...
Platforms Jul 6, 2021

Those so called platforms that suppose to make our jobs easier/faster. NOT!!!!

A good second is agency owned CAT tools that work like mud.

Barbara Cochran, MFA
AnnaSCHTR

จำนวนหน้าตามหัวข้อ:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

ผู้ไกล่เกลี่ยของฟอรัมนี้
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In your opinion, what is the most time-consuming, non-translation tasks?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »