Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2007

Hi colleagues,

Every time I send an e-mail I keep a copy to me in order to have a record of quotes, answers and declination about my job. Almost immediately, I used to see the incoming mesage in my inbox.

But the system is not sending it anymore to me. Curiously, when I send it to third parties, they get the message!

I've reviewed and I have NO filters.

Thank you very much.

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 12:38
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Buenas carnal May 3, 2007

I'll keep it in English, since we're supposed to. What e-mail program and server are you using and, if you are using web-based e-mail instead, which one is it?

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Web-bases May 3, 2007

Dear, carnalito:

It's a web-base system, called Yahoo.

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 12:38
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Disculpa la tardanza May 12, 2007

Mmmmm....web-based systems. I used to use Yahoo, so I went back and checked all over the place (it turns out that my account still existed), and then I asked a couple of friends who had Yahoo if they could send messages to themselves and they said it didn't come back. I know this is not very useful, but at least it confirms that you're not alone in this. Unfortunately, since it's web-based, I don't think there's anything you can do apart from sending an e-mail to the people at Yahoo or maybe ... See more
Mmmmm....web-based systems. I used to use Yahoo, so I went back and checked all over the place (it turns out that my account still existed), and then I asked a couple of friends who had Yahoo if they could send messages to themselves and they said it didn't come back. I know this is not very useful, but at least it confirms that you're not alone in this. Unfortunately, since it's web-based, I don't think there's anything you can do apart from sending an e-mail to the people at Yahoo or maybe setting up a Gmail (or something similar) account and sending your mails there so you can have it as your own "record-keeping" account (sí, ya sé, está de hue... esa solución)Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good option May 12, 2007

Yes, its a little bit weird procedure but there's no other choice.

Thank you, carnal Marcelo. You are very kind.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail bug

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »