how to get in to translation world?
Автор темы: viktoria Zentai
viktoria Zentai
viktoria Zentai
Local time: 18:50
английский => венгерский
+ ...
Nov 5, 2005

I am a very young (21) student studing translation at university, having also some experiences as interpret and would like to work in this domain. Very decided but can't really see my level and value in the world of translators. Would be very very happy for any help or any work. Thank you in advance. Nice day for all of you.

Franco Rigoni
Franco Rigoni  Identity Verified
Италия
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => итальянский
+ ...
hi ya Nov 5, 2005

Send your CV to some translation and interpreting agencies and have a look at the site www.anpe.fr as they sometimes post jobs for translators and interpreters.
Keep on studying!

Cintia Pecellin
Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com c 2003
английский => испанский
Study as much as you can Nov 5, 2005

Study, read, listen, question others... You have many years of work ahead of you, don't rush!

viktoria Zentai
viktoria Zentai
английский => венгерский
+ ...
Автор темы
how not to rush when you are 21? :) Nov 5, 2005

my problem is that the only way to study is to have as much experiences as you can...but with the work comes the reponsibility...which frightens me a bit away...or would like to work with experienced translators. Can anyone suggest good tutors, methods or schools?

Nicolette Ri (X)
Nicolette Ri (X)
французский => голландский
+ ...
One link Nov 7, 2005

There are certainly other universities and schools which prepare for a translators certificate, but here is one:

http://www.univ-paris3.fr/esit/fil_trad.html#trad_cursus

"Régime Spécial :

L'ESIT organise sur deux semestres une formation spécifique pour les étudiants dont la langue A ne figure pas parmi les langues de travail de l'école (
... See more
There are certainly other universities and schools which prepare for a translators certificate, but here is one:

http://www.univ-paris3.fr/esit/fil_trad.html#trad_cursus

"Régime Spécial :

L'ESIT organise sur deux semestres une formation spécifique pour les étudiants dont la langue A ne figure pas parmi les langues de travail de l'école (ex : coréen, japonais, polonais, hongrois...) mais qui possèdent le français en langue B.
Conditions :
- Etre titulaire d'un diplôme de français (langue et littérature, FLE, linguistique...) équivalent à 8 semestres d'études universitaires.
- La présence d'au moins 4 candidats de même langue A aux examens, et d'au moins trois candidats de même langue A à l'inscription est exigée. "

This means lots of work, but I think it is valid, as Hungarian is certainly one of the languages that will be highly in demand in the future.

[Edited at 2005-11-08 08:19]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to get in to translation world?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »