Getting my identity verified - how to arrange the meeting with a person authorized?
Thread poster: Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:58
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 19, 2005

Hello!
I would like to identify myself by meeting someone. For this I went to the list of people allowed to do so.
Now, my question: How do I know where do each of them lives to find a proper place to meet? (As I am definetely not abble to fly to Asia to meet someone!) ;o)) How do I contact the chosen person?
I thank you very much in advance for your answer!
Many greetings
Helena1962

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-19 14:56]

Angela Arnone
Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hello Helena Oct 19, 2005

It is not vital to your presence on the site to be "identified".
Usually this happens through pow-wows or meetings, or through members whom you know personally and who also have verified ID.
Look out for a pow-wow in your area, or come to the Krakow Meeting in November and meet us all!!
Regards
Angela

Helena1962 wrote:

Hello!
I would like to identify myself by meeting someone. For this I went to the list of people allowed to do so.
Now, my question: How do I know where do each of them lives to find a proper place to meet? (As I am definetely not abble to fly to Asia to meet someone!) ;o)) How do I contact the chosen person?
Many greetings
Helena1962

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you very much, Angela! Oct 19, 2005

Hi Angela!
Thank you very much, Angela, for your explanation!
However I think I won't be able top go to Krakow in November...
Many greetings
Helena1962

Angela Arnone wrote:

It is not vital to your presence on the site to be "identified".
Usually this happens through pow-wows or meetings, or through members whom you know personally and who also have verified ID.
Look out for a pow-wow in your area, or come to the Krakow Meeting in November and meet us all!!
Regards
Angela

Helena1962 wrote:

Hello!
Many greetings
Helena1962

AWa (X)
AWa (X)
English to German
+ ...
Powwows in Germany Oct 20, 2005

[quote]Helena1962 wrote:

Hi Angela!
Thank you very much, Angela, for your explanation!
However I think I won't be able top go to Krakow in November...
Many greetings
Helena1962
[unquote]

Hi Helena,
there are powwows in Germany, for example in Düsseldorf (at the end of this months), and, if I remember correctly, in Emden and Berlin. Just look under "Community/Powwows" and Germany. I'm sure you'll find one at a location you can get to without too much trouble. Besides getting your identity verified it's also very reassuring to meet people who understand a translator's problems without extensive explanations.

Good luck
Astrid

Helena Diaz del Real
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
The Powwows Oct 20, 2005

Hi Astrid!
Thank you very much for your answer!
I will try to go to some Powwows, but on the next months, I won't probably be abble to visit one.
Further I rather would like to learn nore about this site and the jobs offered, as I don't know this site well, by now.
Once again thank you very much and many greetings from Nuremberg!
Helena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting my identity verified - how to arrange the meeting with a person authorized?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »