Sample french and english buissnes texts
Tópico cartaz: trobentica
trobentica
trobentica
francês para esloveno
Dec 17, 2008

Hey all!

I'm reading alot of material on how to start, get going etc... i would be very grateful if someone posted some actual sample texts (french and english buissnes texts) that i would then try to translate into my language.

Or if someone could point me out the sites or books that offer these sample texts and some context to get me started...

Best regards;

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
holandês para alemão
+ ...
Anything goes Dec 17, 2008

If I understand your question correctly, you are looking for the sort of material that might come in as an assignment one day, once you got started.
Basically, it is a matter of finding out what you are good at and where your personal interests and preferences are. If you prefer something technical, look for instruction manuals on manufacturers' websites. If law is your cup of tea, check out sample contracts, or if you are looking for the more creative stuff, try your luck e.g. with some
... See more
If I understand your question correctly, you are looking for the sort of material that might come in as an assignment one day, once you got started.
Basically, it is a matter of finding out what you are good at and where your personal interests and preferences are. If you prefer something technical, look for instruction manuals on manufacturers' websites. If law is your cup of tea, check out sample contracts, or if you are looking for the more creative stuff, try your luck e.g. with some tourism or marketing websites .

Good luck!
Collapse

trobentica
trobentica
francês para esloveno
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
re Dec 17, 2008

thanks Wolfgang; this is pretty much the case. to get started in one somehow more specific domain. doing this on random i figured the general buissnes texts should be appropiate... maybe i'm wrong; the time will tell.

best regards;

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:11
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Chambers of commerce Dec 17, 2008

These organizations often have various sample documents relevant to business. Why not just browse those sites for something interesting? I did a quick Google search with "chamber of commerce" and various cities, and I see lots of potential material. I assume you know the corresponding term in French. Or go look on Wikipedia.

[Edited at 2008-12-17 22:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample french and english buissnes texts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »