Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]
Poll: Which of the following is closer to your opinion about profile photos/pictures?
Inițiatorul discuției: ProZ.com Staff
Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 16:36
din engleză în germană
+ ...
professional May 30, 2011

I once saw a featured translator on proz.com who was (seemed to be?) naked!

I agree with Nicole, I wouldn't contact a service provider who publishes a picture of his family, babies, or who shows in swimsuits (or without) .

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 15:36
Membru (2007)
engleză
+ ...
What I hate most May 30, 2011

What I hate most is not knowing whether someone I'd like to contact is a man or a woman. So maybe this is a good idea:
Leena vom Hofe wrote:
I once saw a featured translator on proz.com who was (seemed to be?) naked!

Darío Giménez
Darío Giménez  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 16:36
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Other: photo or logo May 30, 2011

This is a professional site. The picture in your profile is a piece of communication. Therefore, it should convey in the best possible way what you are (a freelancer or a company), what you do (legal, marketing, videogames, poetry translation, subtitling, interpreting...), which services do you offer or any other relevant information to colleagues and/or potential clients. And, as a piece of our professional or corporative identity, it should —in some way, at least— match any other existing ... See more
This is a professional site. The picture in your profile is a piece of communication. Therefore, it should convey in the best possible way what you are (a freelancer or a company), what you do (legal, marketing, videogames, poetry translation, subtitling, interpreting...), which services do you offer or any other relevant information to colleagues and/or potential clients. And, as a piece of our professional or corporative identity, it should —in some way, at least— match any other existing marketing materials of our identity (website, blog, other online profiles...). First impression does count a lot towards developing these kind of relationships, so we should think a bit about this matter before uploading our picture or logotype. Maybe a client will never visit our excellent website if he/she sees a picture of our last summer holidays at the beach or an undecipherable logo...

Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
din flamandă în engleză
+ ...
Both Jun 1, 2011

There is software availabe to alternate both photo and logo.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spania
Membru (2007)
engleză
+ ...
@ Williamson Jun 1, 2011

Williamson wrote:

There is software availabe to alternate both photo and logo.

Please do share! I'd love to show my logo as well, but the only place you can do it on ProZ is on invoices (unless it replaces your photo everywhere and I don't want that)

Număr de pagini:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which of the following is closer to your opinion about profile photos/pictures?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »