Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you usually accept job deadlines set for Monday early morning your time?
Initiator des Themas: ProZ.com Staff
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:14
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Portugiesisch
+ ...
By the way! May 30, 2010

That is exactly what I am doing right now: finishing a small project for tomorrow morning!

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
Vereinigtes Königreich
Spanisch > Englisch
Yes May 30, 2010

Although that doesn't mean they are rush jobs. I usually work weekends to catch up on the workload or I'd never get everything done. I have to work full time for financial reasons, but I also have to look after my daughter during the week and take her to classes after school, etc., so I cannot put in all the hours necessary from Monday to Friday.

However, if I get asked to do something late on a Friday for Monday morning, then I add a surcharge.

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Englisch > Deutsch
not as a rule May 30, 2010

but I have done if work had been slow, I hadn't anything special planned for the weekend anyway, etc. But I try to take a day off during the following week or reward myself with a 3-day weekend soon after.

Just to add: I assumed this to be a job that comes in some time on Friday rather than a longer job. If it's a bigger job, I'd probably try to finish earlier so I can enjoy the weekend.

I have accepted EOB Friday (and prefer it to first thing Monday, TBH) and often de
... See more
but I have done if work had been slow, I hadn't anything special planned for the weekend anyway, etc. But I try to take a day off during the following week or reward myself with a 3-day weekend soon after.

Just to add: I assumed this to be a job that comes in some time on Friday rather than a longer job. If it's a bigger job, I'd probably try to finish earlier so I can enjoy the weekend.

I have accepted EOB Friday (and prefer it to first thing Monday, TBH) and often delivered directly to a reviewer who as a freelancer themselves had that Monday morning deadline

[Edited at 2010-05-30 15:32 GMT]
Collapse

lillkakan
lillkakan
Local time: 16:14
Englisch > Schwedisch
Definitely May 30, 2010

I much rather have Friday evening+Saturday morning off. Working Sunday evening doesn't bother me at all. I always try to negotiate a Friday EOB deadline to Monday morning. In 99% of the cases, no one is going to look at the text until Monday anyway.

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Local time: 16:14
Deutsch > Französisch
+ ...
OK, Cristina May 30, 2010

Cristina Heraud-van Tol wrote:

I proposed this very long ago, and I believe the phrasing was changed. It should be something like: "Do you usually accept job deadlines set for Monday early morning your time (when the job was sent on Friday evening)?, but probably it was too long. In this way you know you are ruining your whole weekend. Parties, walks, outings, visiting a friend, everything canceled.
Well it just depends on how busy I am. Depending on wether I was planning to work in the weekend or not, and on the worl already planned, I may accept or not. And in any case, I don't see why accepting a job in itself should ruin my weekend, it depends on the job: I often agree to take on a 500 words jon from Friday ton Monday, this is far from ruining my weekend.

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 10:14
Mitglied (2009)
Französisch > Englisch
+ ...
i'm like amy but there are variables May 30, 2010

night owl, live alone, no kids...but there are times when I say no! If it's a large job and means the whole weekend, it's NO especially if i've been working constantly and need some time off. If work is slow, then I don't mind because I need the money! Smaller jobs I usually say yes, because it won't take up the whole weekend and I can still have some me-time.

Elvia Rodriguez
Elvia Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Mexiko
Local time: 08:14
Mitglied (2007)
Englisch > Spanisch
It depends... May 30, 2010

I usually work fast so I would accept it if it let me work just a few hours during weekends.

I am a mom too so I prefer to devote the weekends to my little girls instead of being working.

I usually finish my work due by Monday morning on Friday's night or Saturday's morning.

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you usually accept job deadlines set for Monday early morning your time?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »