Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2 3]
Multilingual translators sought
Initiator des Themas: Evert DELOOF-SYS
Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:28
Englisch > Spanisch
To wrap up (?) :-) Jan 24, 2002

To Daina: yes, we have family and a few friends in Montreal. A playgroup is a great idea.

To Karin: thanks for confirming, and thanks for the tip!

Andrea

International Translation Agency Ltd // (X)
International Translation Agency Ltd // (X)
Local time: 02:28
Englisch > Französisch
+ ...
Bilingual, trilingual, etc. Jan 30, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-01-19 15:37, AIM wrote:

Hi, Giovanni.

No lynching here, at least not this time , but a question. How do you go about making your kids bilingual but not quite? Do they speak Italian at home and English at school? What do they read? I have two very young kids and we\'re about to move to Montreal (we\'re in Argentina), so I\'ve been wondering how to handle the three language issue. I know this is rather off-topic, so I may get some lynching myself , but I\'ll appreciate any thoughts.

Andrea

----------------

Hi Andrea,

We\'re talking kids and not translation, for a change!

I have a 4 1/2 year son who uses 3 languages. I dare not say that he is trilingual. The trick, in as far as we\'re concerned, is that each one of us \"personifies\" one language: I speak to him French, he speaks Arabic with his mom and English at school, with friends (because we live in an English-speaking country).

I never let him talk to me in English and I do not know Arabic. So, when I send him to his mom with a message, I say it in French and he goes to his mom and tells her in Arabic. He\'s practising consecutive interpreting without realizing and believe it works. All you need is some linguistic discipline.

Rachid

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multilingual translators sought

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »