Thread poster: Bert Plourde
Bert Plourde
Bert Plourde
Thailand
Local time: 01:01
French to English
+ ...
Sep 29, 2020

Is there a way to do this? Many of the english texts I work on are poorly written which not only results in poor translation but I also have to submit the English updated version as well as the translation. Typically, I look at a Source segment and change it then work on the translation.

I looked for a setting in WF that would allow me to do so but did not find anything.

Never mind... Found it. CTRL + ALT + K

[Edited at 2020-09-29 04:19 GMT]

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:01
English to French
+ ...
Various ways Sep 30, 2020

Bert Plourde wrote:

Is there a way to do this? Many of the english texts I work on are poorly written which not only results in poor translation but I also have to submit the English updated version as well as the translation. Typically, I look at a Source segment and change it then work on the translation.

I looked for a setting in WF that would allow me to do so but did not find anything.

Never mind... Found it. CTRL + ALT + K

[Edited at 2020-09-29 04:19 GMT]

Exactly.
Besides this shortcut, this button can be found in the "Edit" tab. You can also add it to the segment toolbar.
The "+" and "-" buttons in the "Translation" tab allow to expand or shrink source segments, very useful.

My bests

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing Source Segment in WF Anywhere

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »