Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:08
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2020

Hi everyone!

Does anyone else have trouble with the Studio NMT function today?

It worked fine yesterday, but today I cannot even select the option "generic" on the language cloud.

I know you have a certain limit of free characters each month, but there´s no way I´ve exceeded this. I´ve used it a lot more in other months and rarely got over it.

There used to be a graphic also when you log into your account with SDL, to see how much you´ve us
... See more
Hi everyone!

Does anyone else have trouble with the Studio NMT function today?

It worked fine yesterday, but today I cannot even select the option "generic" on the language cloud.

I know you have a certain limit of free characters each month, but there´s no way I´ve exceeded this. I´ve used it a lot more in other months and rarely got over it.

There used to be a graphic also when you log into your account with SDL, to see how much you´ve used up, but even that seems to have disappeared.

I´m just trying to figure out if the problem is at my end or if there´s a general problem, and others experiencing the some trouble.

Thanks, Manuela
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Submit a Language Cloud Case Nov 20, 2020

https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocaselcmt
It works fine here.
When I had issues I was given this address in the SDL forum and their support took care of it in 1-2 days.
Good luck!
if you need something in the meanwhile you can try MyMemory plugin, the free plan is not the best but does the job.

[Edited at 2020-11-20 11:15 GMT]

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Elena Nov 20, 2020

Many thanks for your suggestions. I´ve already submitted a support case, but 1-2 days would be too long, as I have a deadline coming up.

What is the MyMemory plugin (for the free plan)?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
link Nov 20, 2020

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/mymemory/337/

They offer access to a big translation memory and to machine translation. You need to install the plugin from the app store (link above) and then add it as a memory. I prefer SDL but sometimes it doesn't work.

[Edited at 2020-11-20 11:36 GMT]

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again, Elena Nov 20, 2020

Support has been super fast and it´s sorted. It was a glitch at their end in relation to my account...

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 NMT not working?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »