Bruno Bertoni
Bruno Bertoni
Brazil
Local time: 06:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 18, 2019

Hi!

I have a massive job to deliver by Friday and I just can't work because the Multiterm termbase isn't recognized on Trados. I can add it to the project settings, but it doesn't return results on the text. I can access it on Excel so I know there are terms, but when I open it on the Multiterm software, it returns the following:

Error processing command line arguments: Method not found: 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerPrivilege Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.Se
... See more
Hi!

I have a massive job to deliver by Friday and I just can't work because the Multiterm termbase isn't recognized on Trados. I can add it to the project settings, but it doesn't return results on the text. I can access it on Excel so I know there are terms, but when I open it on the Multiterm software, it returns the following:

Error processing command line arguments: Method not found: 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerPrivilege Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ServerProxy.LogIn(System.String, System.String, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Sdl.Enterprise2.Studio.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.PersistOption)'.
[...]

I'm not sure if it's a problem with Trados or the MT. I asked the client to resend me the TB, in case it was corrupted somehow, but it didn't solve the problem. I already tried to change the settings about fuzzy and search depth, but no deal. I have another TB for the same project that seems to work, but this specific one (the main TB for the project) doesn't.

Do you know how to solve it or some alternative plugins that work as Multiterm? I really need to finish this job in time and I can't keep searching term by term on Excel -- it would take 3x more time and I'd probably leave several basic terms without standardization.

Thank you
Collapse

Jessica Grisogani
Jessica Grisogani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:56
German to Italian
+ ...
This might be related to your Multiterm version Jun 19, 2019

Hello,

I had a similar problem yesterday. I use SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2017.
I checked online and found these results:
See more
Hello,

I had a similar problem yesterday. I use SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2017.
I checked online and found these results:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/25492/sdl-multiterm-client-connectors-serverprivilege
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/multiterm/20795/sdl-multiterm-with-2019-create-termbase-problem

After reading this infomation I realized that I had recently updated the Multiterm version without doing the same for SDL TRADOS STUDIO.
After updating it (see Help -> Check for Updates on Studio and follow the instructions) the problem was solved and the interaction between Multiterm and STUDIO worked well as usual.

I hope this might help you.

Kind regards,
Jessica
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Trados doesn't recognize Multiterm entries

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »