Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 19, 2018

Suddenly I notice, that the software makes clever guesses and replaces terms in matches instead of proposing the matching segment as it is in the TM. I'm quite impressed since I haven't done anything to make this possible, I wouldn't know how.

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 17:44
English to Italian
+ ...
Uplift technology Jan 19, 2018

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Suddenly I notice, that the software makes clever guesses and replaces terms in matches instead of proposing the matching segment as it is in the TM. I'm quite impressed since I haven't done anything to make this possible, I wouldn't know how.

Did you activate the Uplift function by chance?

upplift

[Edited at 2018-01-19 16:26 GMT]

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:44
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fuzzy match repair Jan 19, 2018

Hi Heinrich,

What you're seeing is called Fuzzy Match Repair, as Enrico has pointed out, and is part of the new Uplift technology. Fuzzy Match Repair uses your termbases and TMs to find suitable replacements, and can even use machine translation, if you set it up to do so, to repair fuzzy matches. I agree that it's almost like magic! One of my favorite features of Studio 2017.

I personally would leave the default settings as they are (on for the Editor, off for Batch ta
... See more
Hi Heinrich,

What you're seeing is called Fuzzy Match Repair, as Enrico has pointed out, and is part of the new Uplift technology. Fuzzy Match Repair uses your termbases and TMs to find suitable replacements, and can even use machine translation, if you set it up to do so, to repair fuzzy matches. I agree that it's almost like magic! One of my favorite features of Studio 2017.

I personally would leave the default settings as they are (on for the Editor, off for Batch tasks) and would advise against turning on match repair for batch tasks, as that can create some unwanted results during analysis and pre-translation.

You can learn more about this feature here:

http://www.sdltrados.com/products/trados-studio/uplift/
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's it Jan 20, 2018

I did nothing, but now I see that match repair is turned on. The package comes from the customer who must have make the settings. Very interesting feature indeed, of course it is not perfect, couldn't be.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:44
English to Italian
Enabled by default Jan 20, 2018

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

The package comes from the customer who must have make the settings.

As Nora was saying, that feature is enabled by default in the editor, so, unless you had disabled it yourself, it should be on for any project you're working on (also see http://docs.sdl.com/LiveContent/content/en-US/SDL%20Trados%20Studio%20Help-v4/GUID-7B130B6F-80A8-4842-BCB3-2ABD04394E3A )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Signs of intelligence in Studio 2017

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »