Terms not being displayed in Term Recognition tool in Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: RhondaSherwood
Jan 11, 2018

Hi all,

Not sure why, but recently my terms are not appearing in my term recognition window in Trados Studio 2014, even though I know they are in there. I've checked my project settings and the correct termbase is indeed enabled as the default (it's my only termbase). My hitlist settings are correct as well.

Yesterday I used the termbase reorganize tool in Multiterm, which solved this problem. But I can't (well, don't want to) reorganize my termbase every day just so th
... See more
Hi all,

Not sure why, but recently my terms are not appearing in my term recognition window in Trados Studio 2014, even though I know they are in there. I've checked my project settings and the correct termbase is indeed enabled as the default (it's my only termbase). My hitlist settings are correct as well.

Yesterday I used the termbase reorganize tool in Multiterm, which solved this problem. But I can't (well, don't want to) reorganize my termbase every day just so that I can use Trados properly.

I probably have more than 20,000 terms in my termbase. Is it too large and that's what's causing the problem?

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks a million,
Rhonda
Collapse

Kerstin Mohnberg
Kerstin Mohnberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:36
English to German
Multiterm issues Jan 19, 2018

This is a really common problem with Multiterm.
It can be really "fidgety"!
What you have to make sure is:
- In your Project Settings in Studio, go to "Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases (Language section)" and ensure that it has picked up your language combination correctly (e.g. - is the correct flavour selected)
- Make sure you have ticked the "Check for possible non-usage of target terms" option under "Verification - Verification Settings"
- Make
... See more
This is a really common problem with Multiterm.
It can be really "fidgety"!
What you have to make sure is:
- In your Project Settings in Studio, go to "Language Pairs -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases (Language section)" and ensure that it has picked up your language combination correctly (e.g. - is the correct flavour selected)
- Make sure you have ticked the "Check for possible non-usage of target terms" option under "Verification - Verification Settings"
- Make sure the "Terminology Verifier" is selected in your "QA Check" options.

The only other reasons why a Multiterm termbase may not work in a Studio project is performance - is the termbase really humongous? Does is contain dozens of languages and thousands of terms?
In this case check with your work giver and ask them if they can provide a stripped down termbase with just your language combination (or contact me and I'm be happy to convert it for you! )
Collapse

RhondaSherwood
RhondaSherwood
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Kersten Jan 22, 2018

I'll give this a try and will see how it works.

My termbase is 3 languages and contains about 20,000 terms. I hope that isn't too big because I foresee adding a lot more over time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again,
Rhonda

RhondaSherwood
RhondaSherwood
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to have worked! Jan 26, 2018

Thanks again
Rhonda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms not being displayed in Term Recognition tool in Trados Studio 2014

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »