Verena Schmidt (X)
Verena Schmidt (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:23
English to German
+ ...
Oct 21, 2017

Hi guys,

I'm working with a single file (lots of tables). After translating several segments, I wanted to perform an analysis and received this message:

"Unexpected exception when completing task 'Analyze Files': Invalid number of analysis bands."

Analysis impossible.

Then, I returned to the Editor window, and the XLIFF had disappeared. It's not in the project list anymore and also not in the folder I created (the project is still there though)
... See more
Hi guys,

I'm working with a single file (lots of tables). After translating several segments, I wanted to perform an analysis and received this message:

"Unexpected exception when completing task 'Analyze Files': Invalid number of analysis bands."

Analysis impossible.

Then, I returned to the Editor window, and the XLIFF had disappeared. It's not in the project list anymore and also not in the folder I created (the project is still there though).

It would be just great if somebody had an idea how to solve this issue. I'm working with Trados Studio 2015.

Thanks!

Verena
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Vom Anfang an beginnen Oct 21, 2017

Die übersetzten Segmente sollten in der TM sitzen, also nix geht verloren.

Verena Schmidt (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hallo Andrzej Oct 21, 2017

Danke, aber das ist nicht mein Problem. Die übersetzten Segment sind im TM, aber der Rest muss ja auch übersetzt werden.

Ohne XLIFF geht das nicht.

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Reparieren Oct 21, 2017

Hallo Verena,

Du kannst versuchen, Studio in der Systemsteuerung (unter Programme und Funktionen) zu reparieren.

Oder auch eine frühere Version des betreffenden Ordners wiederherzustellen.

Viel Glück

Geneviève

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi folks Oct 21, 2017

I would like to remind that this is the general forum, and the working language is English.
Please do not restrict the number of people who could participate by using German.

Thank you,
Natalia

Duygu Günkut

Frank Zou
Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:23
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Re-add the file Oct 21, 2017

Verena Schmidt wrote:

Hi guys,

Analysis impossible.

Then, I returned to the Editor window, and the XLIFF had disappeared. It's not in the project list anymore and also not in the folder I created (the project is still there though).

It would be just great if somebody had an idea how to solve this issue. I'm working with Trados Studio 2015.

Thanks!

Verena

What confuses me is that you had to analyze your file AFTER translating some segments. Usually my practice is that I add files>prepare (the step automatically analyze files).

Also, you were saying the .XLIFF file was missing. One scenario I know is that the .XLIFF file will disappear from the Studio window after you "Generate Target Translations", but it is definitely still in the target language folder.

Just re-add it to you folder and prepare, I'm sure it'll all work out.

Viel Glück!

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Didn't get the German part, but Oct 23, 2017

you can add it again and retrieve the translated segments from the TM.

Good luck!

Verena Schmidt (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SAME PROBLEM AGAIN Feb 21, 2019

Could anyone from SDL take a look into this? The same problem appears again and again.

The answers and support provided above were fine, but I don't want to create projects again and again, because the XLIFF disappears.

Duygu Günkut

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF disappeared, no analysis possible

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »