Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Why do I have to prove that I´m not a robot every time I want to enter the forum?
Thread poster: Danik 2014
Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:26
French to Spanish
+ ...
No captcha Dec 29, 2017

I haven't been prompted to verify I'm not a robot this morning! Hooray!

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No problems today Dec 29, 2017

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:

I haven't been prompted to verify I'm not a robot this morning! Hooray!

Yesterday I had to pass verification again. I opened a support ticket and got the
answer that they were still making adjustments.
Today, no verifications as yet.

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Captcha verification is back! Jan 2, 2018

I´m very sorry to say that the captcha verification is back, today. It´s most disagreable feature is it´s insistence. Not one or two pages as is the usual but again and again.

I don´t know the reason for it and I don´t know why some members have to pass this harrassing situation and others not!

I`m opening my ticket again. I´m member of the Proz forum since 2014 and I should like to remain a member.

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:26
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
It's back! Jan 2, 2018

I had to prove that I am not a robot again today. It's getting ridiculous. Please fix this.

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was told to enable cookies Jan 2, 2018

I think the problem is that one has to enable cookies.
This is the answer I gave just now to Karen from the support staff:
"Dear Karen, I don´t enable cookies for privacy reasons. Until now this worked fine with Proz as it still does with other foruns. And I repeat: if this was a rapid check as the other captchas I did until now, I wouldn´t mind, but this long captcha seems designed to harras people. Please take it away again!"

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:26
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Not resolved Jan 3, 2018

It looks like this is not going to get resolved. I am so annoyed right now that I am considering canceling my membership. I do have cookies enabled. Today I had to select vehicles and then street signs to log on.

Tradupro17
Tradupro17
United States
Local time: 14:26
English to Haitian-Creole
+ ...
Happening to me too Jan 3, 2018

Hi all,
It started for me today and I must say it is pretty annoying. The last thing I need right now is wasting my time checking images in order to login to Proz. Happy New Year to us all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I have to prove that I´m not a robot every time I want to enter the forum?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »