Availability of the APK file?
Thread poster: Tobi
Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 13:07
English to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2018

Is the APK file of the Proz.com Mobile app also available? This would be great for those who intentionally do not want to have a Google account for accessing the Google app store due to privacy issues.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
The APK file is not available, sorry Apr 26, 2018

Hello Tobi,

I am afraid that ProZ.com Mobile is only available through the corresponding app stores. So, no, the APK file is not available, sorry.

Lucia

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:07
Chinese to English
+ ...
It can be found Apr 26, 2018

This is a grey area so I will post no links, but the APK shows up easily in a Google search.

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Enough information ;) Apr 26, 2018

Thank you Lincoln,
This is good to know. It wasn't when I searched a few weeks ago.
It's not cool if you're forced to have a Google or Apple account if you want to use this app. Those companies are not famous for their data minimzation and protection principles.
Thank you for your reply, Lucia.
Best regards,
Tobi

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work on LineageOS May 2, 2018

By the way, I've installed the app on a tablet running LineageOS and it doesn't work. Seems that it is programmed such that it requires Google services that I don't have installed intentionally.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Availability of the APK file?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »