Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Thread poster: Tom in London
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Maybe Mervyn was right after all Dec 21, 2020

As one of the two official tenants of this playpen so generously made available by our friend in London, can I ask that things remain, well, frivolous?

Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Rachel Fell
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Matthias Brombach

Zibow Retailleau
Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Mauritius
Local time: 14:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
I was about to say the same, Chris Dec 21, 2020

Although we can very well have Completely frivolous thread II, III, IIII, IIIII, IIIIII ... I hope we can keep this original version. Sequels can't compare with the original. Just look at all the films.

By the way, Mervyn, you were wrong, indeed. You are obviously a fire and ice man, not a thunder and lightning one.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Basta! Dec 21, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:
Maybe I should become like you, pile up boring content nobody is interested in and be content with certain "agrees" that are NOT so much given to appreciate you as they are in a failed attempt to upset me.
Here's a couple of secrets, most of those "agrees" you have been getting are from people who don't even know what you are saying. You keep blabbering about places, foods, figures, etc. that only you associate with, and you're completely oblivious to your audience being from totally different backgrounds than yours. That's why your content has been a failure so far (even with the manipulated no. of views), and you keep stretching the stretched. "Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha", what is that? Is that supposed to be an Oscar-winning broken-record comedy?
Every time I try to read a post of yours and I press the "see more" button, I tell myself "forget it, that's an unemployed person who needs an unemployed audience". You don't need to, and can't, impress with a 2-years worth of reading in every post of yours, a SINGLE LINE can work wonders at the hands of a REAL TALENT!
And, don't get me started on all the help you've been getting from ProZ so far, without their help you won't exist!
Let's see if ProZ will help you with this post of mine as well!

It’s difficult keeping up with these posts that don’t appear in order. But this one is definitely out of order. It crosses the line.

Please, stop it, Sadek!

I agree that some jokes were made at your expense that shouldn’t have been, but now it’s time to move on.

Zibow Retailleau
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Fire and ice Dec 21, 2020

Fire and ice. God, I like that one, Zibow! Now I just have to figure out who I can say it to. And how to say it. And when. Better do a bit of Robert de Niro practice in front of the bathroom mirror tonight. "You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to ME? You know who you're talkin' to? Fire and Ice, dat's who you're talkin' to. Fire and Ice, buddy."

I think I'll test-drive it on the Basques when they get home later.

Seriously, I don't know how that one occurred to you, but
... See more
Fire and ice. God, I like that one, Zibow! Now I just have to figure out who I can say it to. And how to say it. And when. Better do a bit of Robert de Niro practice in front of the bathroom mirror tonight. "You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to ME? You know who you're talkin' to? Fire and Ice, dat's who you're talkin' to. Fire and Ice, buddy."

I think I'll test-drive it on the Basques when they get home later.

Seriously, I don't know how that one occurred to you, but I do luvvit.
Collapse

Zibow Retailleau
Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 21, 2020

Chris S wrote:
Basta!
I agree that some jokes were made at your expense that shouldn’t have been

Does that include "Basta"?
Anyway, you got it, Basta1, just for your sweet eye!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Sadek Dec 21, 2020

I wasn't actually 100% sure what Chris, Matthias and Zibow were reacting to before I posted, but I see your deep unhappiness now. I know you're unhappy. I get it, I really do. And I know, because you don't give me any smilies. Like in the song. You don't bring me smilies ... any ... more. No smilies for Mervyn? That hurts.

I don't understand the time thing with your posts either. Are you posting from another planet, where the time zones are different?

And I beg to diffe
... See more
I wasn't actually 100% sure what Chris, Matthias and Zibow were reacting to before I posted, but I see your deep unhappiness now. I know you're unhappy. I get it, I really do. And I know, because you don't give me any smilies. Like in the song. You don't bring me smilies ... any ... more. No smilies for Mervyn? That hurts.

I don't understand the time thing with your posts either. Are you posting from another planet, where the time zones are different?

And I beg to differ - it wasn't Johnny. It was Vito who told Al what day it was today. If you're going to call me out, call me out properly. Sometimes I think you need a Vito too.

Yes, that "Vito" is a word play, as it could not be any other way with me, because the Diary may have its faults, but what I try to do there, in difficult times, is to keep myself in good cheer, other ProZians in good cheer, and you and indeed any reader in good cheer too, but, you know, if someone doesn't want to give good cheer a chance, and on a "Completely Frivolous" thread to boot, there's little or nothing I or anyone can do about it.

You know, you could just apologise to everyone, and this would all go away. It would, you know. People are extremely generous if you give them a chance.

[Edited at 2020-12-22 05:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-12-22 05:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-12-22 05:56 GMT]
Collapse

Zibow Retailleau
Christopher Schröder
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Back on track... Dec 21, 2020

I went for a testicle checkup the other week.

The little Thai nurse cupped my balls and said: “Don’t worry, it’s quite normal to get an erection during this procedure.“

I said: “But I haven’t got an erection.”

And she said: “No, but I have.”

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 21, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

I get it!
You just can't stand someone who is not a westerner getting the least bit of air time, let alone an Arab, right?
I don't care what your problem is/was; your problem is yours, not mine, and you deal with it away from me, I don't bring my problems to you! Okay?
Let's see, Matthias compared my region to a barren desert, the monuments to sand piles, and most recently me to a "parcel lunatic" (I won't say the actual term he intended, because it wasn't Matthias's best moment!), and the rest of your group were kind enough to help Matthias at times too; still, you don't see me all riled-up the way you are over few moments on the stage, unpaid even!

You apologize, for wasting people's time on your boring, unwanted content!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Exactly Dec 21, 2020

A man walks into a bar. - "Ow, strewth!" - It was an iron bar.

Actually, that wasn't the real joke. That was just a warm-up. A man comes home early from work one evening, and finds his wife in bed with another man:

"What the hell are you doing home so early?" she shrieks.

"Never mind that," he says, "what the hell are you doing in bed with this bloke?"

The wife turns to the bloke in bed with her and says, "You see, I told you, that's just SO ty
... See more
A man walks into a bar. - "Ow, strewth!" - It was an iron bar.

Actually, that wasn't the real joke. That was just a warm-up. A man comes home early from work one evening, and finds his wife in bed with another man:

"What the hell are you doing home so early?" she shrieks.

"Never mind that," he says, "what the hell are you doing in bed with this bloke?"

The wife turns to the bloke in bed with her and says, "You see, I told you, that's just SO typical of him. Always changing the subject."
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio

Zibow Retailleau
Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Mauritius
English to Chinese
+ ...
All these lewd comments ... Dec 21, 2020

You lot think you are sexy cool or what?

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ouuh! Hot pants! Unerhört! Dec 21, 2020

Zibow Retailleau wrote:

You lot think you are sexy cool or what?

(I mean the girls, not the guy)

But I forgot to wish Exy a Happy Christmas (Frohe Weihnachten!) too, but with this song, to apologize for ever having mistaken Portuguese with Dutch. When I first heard that song, I immediately fell in love with her (with the singer ... and unanswered). Here she is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKMFEraN3ag

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Is there a doctor in the house? Dec 21, 2020

I was expecting a beautiful woman to get up and sing but she’s still lying there sprawled motionless on the floor three minutes later. My extensive first aid training tells me there might be something wrong.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Thomas T. Frost
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Don't you dare... Dec 21, 2020

Chris S wrote:

I was expecting a beautiful woman to get up and sing but she’s still lying there sprawled motionless on the floor three minutes later. My extensive first aid training tells me there might be something wrong.

... giving her a rescue-breathing!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher Schröder
Thomas T. Frost
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
First aid in the Covid era Dec 21, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
... giving her a rescue-breathing!

Funny you should mention that. I was shocked to learn when I renewed my first aid training a couple of weeks ago that because of Covid you now not only don’t do any rescue breaths, just compressions, but also have to keep a barrier between you and the patient.

So in this case you would probably lift her dress over her face, break a few of her ribs with compressions, then tear off her underwear and rearrange her left breast to stick on the defibrillator pads (if necessary shaving off any chest hair), hoping all the time that onlookers don’t get the wrong idea about what you’re doing.

Whereas in the old days you just had to worry about people chucking up on you during mouth to mouth.

Thomas T. Frost
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio
Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 22, 2020

Chris S wrote:
The little Thai nurse cupped my balls(1)
(2)rearrange her left breast to stick on the defibrillator pads (if necessary shaving off any chest hair)

I can see you're still together with the little nurse!
Have you tried administering that "kiss of life" through a tube that is more hard on COVID?😃 Oὐρήθρα might be that one-and-only medical necessity!😃 Go for it, you're nothing if not a trained professional!😃 But, don't go blowing all so fast, patient's premature spitting is a known risk!😃

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »