Online project: all segments locked, "unresolved conflicts in document; not synchronized"
Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:18
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2018

I requested a client to unlock the locked segments in an online project in order to fix some mistakes in them (double-clicking didn't work). Somehow this caused an issue: now all segments of one of the files are locked, even empty segments. The client unlocked the file again, but I can't seem to download that updated file. Whenever I sync, I get the error message "unresolved conflicts in document; not synchronized". I can't resolve any conflicts, because the segments are all locked. How to fix t... See more
I requested a client to unlock the locked segments in an online project in order to fix some mistakes in them (double-clicking didn't work). Somehow this caused an issue: now all segments of one of the files are locked, even empty segments. The client unlocked the file again, but I can't seem to download that updated file. Whenever I sync, I get the error message "unresolved conflicts in document; not synchronized". I can't resolve any conflicts, because the segments are all locked. How to fix this situation? Does the client have to resolve the conflicts?

Update: Found a workaround - I asked the client to send me their DocumentData file and replaced mine with it, then synced with the server.

[Edited at 2018-10-18 16:16 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online project: all segments locked, "unresolved conflicts in document; not synchronized"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »